Adding Twitter widget to SharePoint page has many useful cases for users such as
- You can display the feed on specific topic relevant to the site
- You can display the feed from specific Twitter handle relevant to the site
- Site users can tweet from within SharePoint
Adding the widget is very simple and am going to show these steps. In this example, I want to display the Twitter feed on tag "SharePoint".
1. Login to Twitter
2. Search for a tag. Here I searched for SharePoint. In the search result, click on ellipses and select "Embed this search"
|Embed this search|
3. In Create Widget screen, select your options and click on Create Widget button
4. Copy the code. You can save these changes for future use as well
|Copy the code|
5. Back in SharePoint, use Content Editor Web Part to paste the above code and save the page
|Twitter Feed on SharePoint page|
That's it! Now your SharePoint site users can see the latest feed for "SharePoint" as well as they can tweet their posts! Happy Tweeting!